2022 BG14 Zonals - Day 1

 Zonals matches began today.  First was Boys Doubles, Girls Doubles, and Mixed Doubles, followed by Boys and Girls Singles.  Eighteen individual matches make up a team match.  Today my team won 12-6.  Tomorrow we will play Team Ashe at 8:00 am. Olivia Dartawan (Niskayuna) is on Team Ashe. It will be good to see Olivia.  Tomorrow evening we are going to have a team dinner.  The parents are helping to set it up for us.

Today I saw Zain Choudry - also from Niskayuna. We didn't play his team, but he stopped by to say hello.  Zain told me how much he liked the event.  "You are playing with your team.  Everyone is motivating you to do your best." Katy Hancock - my #1 player - said it well.  "I feel like I had less pressure because I had more people on my team.  I like playing as a team, but I don't want to let my teammates, down."

I will have more tomorrow.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our trip to the U.S. Open Qualifiers

Local Juniors go on the Road

August Ten and Unders