Women's Tournament Tennis Returns

 


This weekend marked the return of USTA Women’s Tennis Tournaments to the Northern Region.  Sportime Schenectady hosted the first Level 6 Women’s Open SinglesTournament under the USTA’s new format.  “I Love, Love, Love this format.” (Barb Glasser) 

There were 3 brackets of 3 players.  Each person played 2 matches using a short match format.  Since it was an open tournament both juniors and adults were able to compete against each other. 

Roxanne DeJohn told me “I like playing people of different ages.  It was a lot of fun and I liked playing new people.”  For Meghan Uzzilia it was a good experience.  “I got to play older players.  It was good for me to work on returning slices.”

Bracket A was won by Natalie Moore.    Bracket B was won by Hope Brown.  Bracket C was won by Meghan Uzzilia. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our trip to the U.S. Open Qualifiers

Local Juniors go on the Road

August Ten and Unders